The Yushan Fellow Program
To recruit global young talent to join NTU as full-time faculty, NTU is welcoming global young scholars to join the YUSHAN Fellow Program. The Yushan Fellow Program is created with the purpose of assisting Taiwan’s higher education institutions attract top-notch international academics and offers internationally competitive salaries and benefits. It aims to strengthen Taiwan’s academic expertise and the international standing of Taiwan’s higher education.
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Worked at a leading international research institution or internationally renowned company for at least 10 years, distinguished in the international academic community or acquired world-leading expertise in a core technology, and experienced in leading academic or industrial research teams.
- Recipient of a Nobel Prize, fellow of a national level academy, fellow of a major international association, or received equivalent recognition.
- Outstanding contribution to area of academic or industrial expertise in the past 5 years.
Yushan Young Fellow
Applicants must have received their highest academic qualification within the last 10 years or be under 45 years old and meet one of the following criteria:
- Worked at a leading international research institution or internationally renowned company for at least 5 years and demonstrated great potential.
- Experience conducting major research projects
- Exceptional contribution to area of academic expertise in the past 5 years.
- Yushan Fellows and Yushan Young Fellows must not be current tenure faculty (not including personnel whose service duration is less than one year) or retirees at universities or academic research institutions and must not apply for subsidies (flexible salaries) provided by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
- The host institution will submit the application to the Ministry of Education on behalf of the applicant. Please consult your host institution for internal deadline.
- Many of the most common questions we get are addressed in our Frequently Asked Questions pages. Please look through the appropriate Ministry of Education FAQ page.
It takes at least three rounds of selections to join the Yushan Scholar Program.
Check the Flowchart from our Office of Research and Development for more detailed information.
Do not hesitate to check the eligibility from our Office of Research and Development
Taiwan Gold Card Program
Taiwan Employment Gold Card is a 4-in-1 card, that includes a resident visa, work permit, Alien Resident Certificate (ARC), and re-entry permit, which allows you to leave and re-enter Taiwan multiple times over the course of 1-3 years. Applicants can apply online without sponsorship.
- Work Permit: Allows cardholders to seek employment freely, obtain employment at any time, work any part-time job legally, and freely change jobs.
- Resident Visa: Long-term visa which allows cardholders to stay in Taiwan for more than 180 days.
- Alien Resident Certificate: A physical ID card proving that you can live in Taiwan legally.
- Re-entry Permit: Allows unlimited entry and exit from Taiwan (even during COVID-19).
Eligibility (meet any one of the four)
1. A graduation certificate issued to the person by one of the top 500 universities listed in the most recent QS World University Rankings, Times Higher Education World University Rankings, or U.S. News & World Report Rankings after the person completed a doctorate there.
2.The Person has teaching and research for at least three years and in the past five years has worked at one of the top 500 universities listed in the most recent QS World University Rankings, Time Higher Education World University Rankings, or U.S. News & World Report Rankings.
3.The person is a leading international scholar recruited by a university or college who has received Ministry of Education funding support under the Yushan Fellow Program.
4.The Person has been or is currently employed in a public or private school, college, university, or educational organization in another country or in Taiwan and for at least five years has provided services as a teacher or researcher or provided educational administration services, with their most recent monthly salary being at least NTD 160,000 or equivalent.
You may apply through the Taiwan Gold Card Office, National Development Council.