Eligibility and Procedure
Chair Scholars are talents with short-term employment status with NTU, and part of the obligations is lecturing or conducting research with NTU Host. Please contact individual department / programs/ faculty for eligibility.
According to NTU laws, there are major three types of Chair Scholars：
- Distinguished Chair Professors in Research
- Distinguished Chair Professor
- Chair Professor (Including the Yushan Chair Professor for short term exchange)
For Distinguished Chair Professors in Research and Distinguished Chair Professor, the procedure shown as below：
- Any unit wishing to hire a Distinguished Chair Professor shall complete the Distinguished Chair Professor Appointment Form to detail the term of employment and sources of funding, then recommend the professor to the President pursuant to relevant administrative procedures.
- Recommended professors will be hired upon approval by the Administrative Meeting and submission of a report to the NTU Faculty Review Committee.
For Chair Professors, the procedure shown as below：
- For Chair Professors, the hiring can be sent by individual program and go through the relevant administrative procedure.
- For Yushan Chair Professors, the hiring process should be consulted with our Office of Research and Development via
Detailed regulation via
Personnel Office http://www.personnel.ntu.edu.tw/english/News_n_166725_sms_101634__CSN_29858.html
Research and Development Office https://ord.ntu.edu.tw/w/ordntuEN/plan_list_21011414400398548